Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix asking for too many logins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameslearuk

Technical User
Jul 11, 2003
US
Hi there,

Just thought I would ask this incase I am being really stupid!

When my users log in to our Test MPS4 farm, they login to WI using their domain credentials. When the load an application, they get asked for the same domain credentials again.

I have pass through authentication enabled and they are using the ICA Web Client v9.x

Any ideas?

Cheers

Jay

what version is your WI

Sometimes, you just have to forget your head and grab your balls ...!

Right,

I am now using global groups for the published application permissions but am still getting prompted for user id & password as the application loads up.

Am I missing something really obvious?

James

You cant use the Web client, it doesnt have the SSOn.exe process, only Full PN and PN agent have this functionality.
A workaround could be to install the full PN on the web server and ensure that the Sson.exe is running

I am afraid not....get the same with full PNA and PNA...

Are the users connecting from the same domain as the WI server
Do you have the SSon process running on the clients, if you defer it during the installation you will have to reinstall the client

Start the Citrix Connection Configuration tool on your terminal server. Push the "Advanced" button and see if anything strange is configured at the section "AutoLogon". Something like "Prompt for Password"...

Gr.

Ruben

OK, finally figured this out....really basic issue.

The domain group policy, which I have no access to is set to promt for terminal server logins....change that and hey presto it works!

Handy thing for people to concider if they get the same issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back