Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix and Norton Corporate AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWray

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
We had a consulting company come in recently to have a look at our network and make suggestions about improvements we may have missed. One of these suggestions was to get rid of NAV and replace it with TrendMicro AV for servers. They stated that NAV and Citrix were not friendly with each other. Is this true? Should we think about replacing NAV with TrendMicro?
All opinions are welcome and appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

I dont know where they got that info from in the company i work for we have norton av 7.6 on 20+ plus citrix servers and we have no issues

Thanks for the reply. I am finding quite a bit to back it up from Citrix's support forum, stating trouble between TS and Norton. Several postings here, I guess they are mostly pointing to slow logons and logoffs.

Any more opinons/experiences? Right now, I am leaning towards getting the Trend Server Protect...

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Have been running NAV CE 8.x on one of my production servers.. had to take it of because of some memory leak problem......

then informed at a specialized citrix implementation firm.. they advised when running AV then run Sophos.. beleive there is a white paper about citrix and sophos...

Petje
A+, MCP, MCSE on NT4.0 and windows 2000 with messaging specialty and CCEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back