Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix 4.5 Crystal Reports XI parameter dialog issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

evansc

Technical User
Jul 19, 2004
US
We have installed the desktop version of Crystal Reports XI on our Citrix Server (version 4.5) and for the most part all works well.

But when a parameter prompt is created and the dialog pops up, pressing "OK" and "CANCEL" turns the buttons blue, but nothing happens - we have to close the dialog with the X button and cannot run the report.

I have confirmed that the parameter dialog works properly when I am logged onto the server directly, but it never works when I access the reports via Citrix.

Any ideas?

We installed Crystal Report on a PS 4.5 server too.
And we have the same issue.

The issue doesn't occur when the citrix user is added to the administrator group on the server.

So there's a credential needed by the user.
We're still looking for it.

I keep you inform.

Fascinating - thanks for the tip. I'll let you know when we've made any progress.

We are getting ready to install service pack 4 to see if that helps at all. Have you tried that?

Sounds like a java scripting issue.
The crystal dialog box looks like it's just an iframe, with buttons that use java script.
I suspect either it's disabled for anyone but admins, or in the other example disabled through citrix.

Hi,

I have a response from one of my contact.
I can't test it now, but it can be the solution.

"I believe I've discovered the cause of your dispense problem.

I've been investigating this a little further, and it appears that the Crystal dialog
window with the 'ok' and 'cancel' buttons is just an iframe which has buttons that use
java script.

I believe it's likely that you have scripting 'disabled' for users who aren't
administrators.

You can change this in I.E.

Internet Explorer > Enabling Java Scripting.

* Open the "Tools" menu.

* Select "Internet Options", to open the Internet Options dialog box.

* Click the "Security" tab.

* Click the "Local Intranet" symbol

* Click the "Custom Level..." button, to open the Security Settings dialog box.

* In the Settings list, scroll down to "Scripting".

* Under Active Scripting, click the radio button to the left of "Enable", so that a
coloured dot appears in it."

Regards

Simon

slafosse, I did have our administrator change the scripting options to allow java script to be run in IE and it didn't work, but I didn't investigate whether there is a difference between regular users and administrators. Perhaps he enabled it only for administrators and it didn't fix it for the rest of us. Thanks for the idea!

AH! We did "INTERNET" not "INTRANET". We will try again and I will post the result here. Thanks!!

evansc, i thought that's probably what you'd done.
Let us know how you get on, (i am slafosse's contact! that was my advice to him).

mwrowley,

We just checked it, and scripting was already set to enabled on the intranet settings. My administrator said that it should apply to any user.

I don't know much about Citrix - could there be some setting in the Citrix presentation software itself that disables the javascripting?

Oh yeah, sorry i should have payed closer attention to your original post.
If it works directly on the server then it does look to be specific to citrix.
I'm not aware of anything that blanket disables the active scripting through the presentation software.
Could be something in the citrix user profile? Do you use roaming profiles, or local profiles?

I asked that question and was not answered. But I think you are on the right track.

We are setting up Crystal Server as well, and we discovered that each person who logs in needs to reset the home page for IE to get to Crystal Server AND they need to make that home page a trusted site. Doing it once at the administrator level did not solve it.

I'm assuming the problem is the same with Crystal Designer, which we currently have on a different Citrix server. I am going to investigate that - it may be that each user needs to enable scripting individually.

Thanks so much!! The Citrix user path was the right way to go. Due to our Citrix configuration, the IE security settings are unique to each login.

I had to have access to IE, and then I changed my Internet (not intranet) security settings to enable scripting. All is well!! Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back