Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix 4.0 - Connections being dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Hello

Software:
Windows 2003 Server w/SP2
Citrix Presentation Server 4.0
Clients/Users: Wyse Winterm S50

Recently, user sessions have begun dropping for no apparent reason. They're clamming things seem to begin to slow and then they're back to the connection manager of our wyse terms, where they have to reconnected and are brought right back to their sessions that was just dropped.

We've never had this problem before, and I can't think of anything recently, network related, that's changed. Other than applying SP2 on windows 2003.

This is happening to both LAN and WAN users just the same so I really don't think it's a bandwidth issue. There's no errors anywhere! nothing in the event logs and nothing on our routers and switches.

I have our ICA keepalive set to 180 because of a particular slower WAN office, but that's been set to that for six months now, so I don't think it's that either.

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone got SP2 on their Citrix boxes?

Thanks for any help!

Hello Snoot,

Well I have setup Citrix on servers running 2003 with SP2, but did not really experience these problems. What I would advice is to Enable Session reliability for citrix. Open port 2598.

Note link...
If the problem still exists after this might be an idea to use so Wanscaler software to test data access and response.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back