Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citix SSL / Secure Gateway or Cisco VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rerhart

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
US
I need to create very secure connections running applications that access confidential data from multiple client sites in the US to my site in MN via the Internet with Citrix clients. What would be considered "secure enough" or "most secure":

1. Cisco IPSEC VPN tunnels from routers to a central PIX.
2. SSL connections using SSL Web portal and Citrix SSL 128-bit client connection and/or CSG.
3. Both.

We currently now install Cisco routers at other company sites, integrating them into their network for the purpose of creating a VPN tunnel from their sites to us. I am wondering if simply using Citrix 128 bit SSL clients and maybe the CSG product would be secure enough.
Thx!

Hi,

We are currently testing several options. We have a similar challenge and are "paranoid" about security...

The safest bet would be to combine VPN, SSL and CSG. The only problem with that aproach is performance (or the lack of it) as well as issues troubleshooting... (VERY time consuming).

I recommend:

SSL 128 encryption and the usage of Secure Gateway. I strongly recommend integrate CSG with strong authentication (ACE/RADIUS).

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back