Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citel MCk Extender Mulstiple Gateway Networking issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuzhounet

Technical User
Apr 8, 2014
US
I am reposting this under the BCM Forum because this would apply to either MICS/CICS/BCM. The Citel MCK forum has no information on this issue. Me and another member ItsMyJob are having the same problems.

I have an 8 port existing MCK REMOTE and SWITCH working and need to add more Gateways for the same system so I can add more remote handsets/DN's but can not find the documentation to configure the network to accept more than one Gateway due to port forwarding conflict to port 2698 in the router.

Does anyone have any experience with these units please? The documentation mentions multiple Gateways but provides no directions for programing more than one.

Thanks!

Here is my original thread:

Manuals:
MCK PBX GATEWAY II:

MCK BRANCH EXTENDER 6000

GREAT NEWS!!!

I was able to find someone who knew how to solve this issue of multiple Gateways on the same system.

I also picked up some additional Citel / MCK units on eBay for a REAL bargain AND with a warranty. I really would suggest to check out eBay because you not only get these units for a super cheap price but you have the warranty from the seller and on top of that you have the eBay Buyer Protection Plan AND the PayPal Buyer Protection Plan. I can buy several units for what I would have paid for them new and that allows me to have in house spares! The eBay units I bought are working just fine I do suggest that you put them on a UPS back up system like an APC 500 or 650 for protection. eBay IS the best way to go.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back