Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIT Exam 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerdalt

MIS
Oct 30, 2001
US
well..I passed the composite, and am moving on to the CIT exam. Read through the ciscopress book (not at all impressed with it), and have looked up on cisco's site information about the exam topics. Anyone taken the exam lately and have some thoughts on what to expect for it?

By the way helpdeskdan, been going through those links, and the one on BGP case studies is great. I think the material covered in that link is better than what I read for the BSCI.

I also found this page for spanningtree, and it does a good job explaining some different scenarios.

Took the CIT again today. 803. 804 needed to pass. Uttered many profane obscenities. Loosing a fortune on tests.

There was a couple lousy ISIS questions on the stupid test!! Is no subject safe to ignore?! Unfortunately, I can't give you any hints.

By the way, here's my most recent study list. On some pages, you need to know everything. On other pages, there is just one or two things. Of course, you'll have to use your own judgment.

WOW...I'm even saying a few profanities for you.

Double WOW - I thought I was justified in the odd rude word when I sat CCNA for the first time in 2000, scored 816 and needed 822 to pass! But to score 803 when you need 804 - what can I say?

Graham M. CCNP

First time I've heard either definition.

I am a horrible test taker. Cisco purposely makes their tests difficult by making the questions confusing. Even though I understand the subjects, and I would argue my answers, I don't get the "Cisco" answer.

The CIT test is killing me. (Sigh) Guess I don't have a choice - I'll never get a job if I don't pass. Put down another $125.

I know how you feel helpeskdan; I failed today with 781. This is the third Cisco exam I've failed on the first attempt (after passing CCNA and BSCI on the first go, I thought it would be a breeze).

I have several years of solid troubleshooting experience, and actually feel it's one of my strongest areas (as do others), but the CIT exam (and other Cisco exams) seems to go out of its way to confuse you, or make things harder than they need to be.

Whoever decided 'testlets' were a good way of asking a series of questions needs to be dragged outside and slapped around with wet fish. I was staggered there weren’t more 'real world' configuration troubleshooting tasks or more simulation stuff – surely this is more valid than the questions they ask?

For others taking the exam, you should really know how to interpret your debug output. You can argue that this is a very valid thing to know, and should be something everyone knows. I’d agree to an extent, but I rarely, if ever have to resort to using debugs on live networks (and who is going to remember what the output means when it can be referenced far more easily and accurately?). Nevertheless, it’s something I should have studied harder.

The links above are great – I’ll be using that as well as my BSCI Self Study book (single best Cisco book I own) to setup example labs etc. ISDN is something I wish would die a painful death, but it refuses to go away, so needs a refresher in my mind also.

Trying not to sound to down about this, but the more Cisco exams I do, the more I question their validity (whether I pass or fail).

Good luck!

Thanks Eddie. I will not say how many times I've taken this exam. It is enough to say I'm a bad test taker.

You need to know ISDN - no question. I wish I didn't have to study it, I need to study cisco wireless - something I'll actually use in the field.

The hardest part of the question is trying to understand what they are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back