Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ciscoworks 2000 installation on windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenetpoet

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
GR
Hi,
we are experiencing a problem when installing ciscoworks 2000 on win2k.
We setup our server with the suggested configuration (SP1, swap file, etc).
After installing CiscoView CD-1 we reboot and try to apply the patch. While the patch is installing, we get error messages about locked files (apparently by the appache server) and some services that delay to close.
Eventually the installation finishes but when conencting to the server via the web, ciscoworks does not run properly (can not detect cookie state and so doesnt function).
Any suggestions on this please?

PS as a test we setup ciscoworks 2000 on NT4 and everything worked fine, so it seems its a w2k bug?

We have had the same problems, but only from client workstations using IE5.5 SP2 - IE with SP2 results in the stranges errors. We now use Netscape 4.7 which proves to work ok.

At one point our RME config database got screwed up, and the only solution was to resinstall the whole CiscoWorks2000 package. This solved a few of the "bugs". I have no idear why it helped but it did...

note : We run CiscoWorks2000 on a IBM dual 700 pentium, with 2 GB ram and we use WIN2K as oprerating system.

Kil

You have to start the JRUN Proxy Server, via the Services manager in Win2000. You can set this to automatic, so it will start itself at startup of the Win2000 Server. After you started the JRUN Proxy Server you can logon at CW2000 server and you get rid off the cookie state. Sometimes you have refresh the browser.

I admit that CW2000 on WIn2K is not very stable. I experience lot of problems.

Kind regards,

Harry Gorter.
The Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back