Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CiscoView problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HutchbyM

Technical User
Jan 8, 2002
GB
I have been running CoscoWorks 2000 ok for the past 6 months and now Cisco View will not launch. All I get is the fillowing error message window.

Please grant permission to launch Cisco View. Quit the browser and try again

Any ideas what the probable cause of this is?

Hi, i've got the same problem. So if you know something more let me know.
dwight_goossens@gillette.com

Thanks

Did your problems start January 6th? If so I may have a solution... Alastair

I first noticed the problem on Monday 7th and I know for a fact that it was working fine on Friday 4th. I suppose the problems could well have started on the 6th.

Sorry, I am having problems trying to post a response, I will keep trying.

Problem within CWorks with the bundled Verisign software. The solution was to upgrade the version of Java installed, we are now running JRE 1.2.2 Version 2.0 on the server, client 1.3.1 on the desktop.

Sorry previous post so short, problems sending more text for some reason, let me know if you need more info..

More info with regard to where to get the Java s/w and upgrade proceedures would be useful. If not any general pointers of help you can give would be very much appreciated.

mark.hutchby@siemenscomms.co.uk

I downloaded and installed JRE 1.3 and now it's working on the server but on the client side it's still the same.

Have you re-installed Java on the client? if not remove via add/remove programmes in control panel, then the next time you point your browser at the CW server it should re-install the latest version for you.

I have just recieved the following information.

Apparently it is MANDATORY that all customers running CD One, 4th edition, install Patch 1 which contains the Java plug-in 1.3.1 before January 6, 2002.

This is to fix a known issue caused by an expired Java digitial certificate. The fix for CiscoWorks 2000 is to apply the patch according to the Readme. This can be downloaded from:
If your server is installed on Solaris there is a third file (modify-package.sh).

If you get errors on the installation of the patch, run the modify-package.sh and then retry the patch. Also, if you have any anti-virus software running on the server, please turn it off before applying this patch.

Hope this helps

Wow, thanks for the info!! I saw the updated Java app and even installed it but came up with the same error again. I guess it took a blow to the head to remember some basic troubleshooting!

I was sort of thinking that it had something to do with WinXP Pro, but I'm glad it doesn't.

Thanks again

I have a similar problem, except that i have just upgraded from CW2kk 2nd Edition to 4th Edition. I have added the patch, run modify.packages.sh and rerun the patch. STill it wont load CiscoView.. However ,building a clean system from scratch it works fine !!
Anyone come across upgrade problems like this ? any solutions ?

All I did was download the new Java version, uninstall the previous version of Java and then install the newest version. That basically took care of the clients not getting the new version of Java. I still do get the error messages when the Java applet loads, but I've found that if I click the box that says "always grant session" that this goes away too.

plzz give me the site name from where i can download the java software???and tell the steps forinstallation and configuration.

i installed the java plug-in 1.1.3 but still i have the same problem "Please grant permission to launch Cisco View. Quit the browser and try again"
when i see in add/remove program there is
1.Java 2 Runtime environment standard edition V1.3.1_01
2.Java plug-in 1.1.3

i revmoved it and reinstalled it two times but the same
looking ofr a nice suggestion.
thanks

I've also had the same Java certification problems after the 6th January 2002.
To resolve the problem I download the update patch from the Cisco website. The URL is as follows,
I found that this patch can be installed after the cutoff date by Cisco. You will get a message from the server saying the certificate has expired, click on yes to continue and always grant permission and you'll be ok.
Do remember to remove your old Java plugin on your browser before connecting to the CiscoWorks server. The install patch on the server will install a new plugin on your browser. I've found this fixes both CiscoView and Campus Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back