Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Wireless AP for guest access

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddypc

Technical User
Aug 30, 2006
CN
I've a Cisco Aironet 1100 AP (AIR-AP1121G) for testing and would like to setup internet access for wireless guests.

Now is setup two SSID with 2 vlan. One SSID "CiscoGuest" (vlan:10) is broadcast for guests. The 2nd SSID "Cisco1100" is for internal users and set as native vlan (vlan:30)

We are still using Windows NT 4 Server as DHCP Server. How can set to assign specified ip address to vlan 10? Just don't want the guests can access internal lan.

Alternatively, ignore the above procedures. I've this Cisco AP. What steps should I do to make it that serves for wireless guest access or what requirements should I need too?

Thanks.

I would filter my guest network through a ASA or router which has ACLs preventing the guest to access the internal network.

I agree with billj1900, we have our wireless network configured on our FW and that feeds to an un-routed vlan on our core router. The AP's are plugged into ports configured for that specific vlan. Guests can get out to the internet fine but cannot access internal resources without the use of a VPN client.

^ to add to what I said, employee's can access wireless as well, to access the inside LAN they must connect via our VPN client. So it works out quite well.

Thanks for the solution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back