Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvannoy

MIS
May 4, 2001
US
I setup our cisco ASA5510 for user VPN access using the cicso VPN client.

I need to know how to get my DNS settings to set once the cisco VPN connection is established. all that gets set is the IP address range I told the ASA to hand out and the mask. in order for me to hit my exchange, SQL servers etc. I need to go into the cisco adapter under network connections and complete the IP info manually.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

I am having a similar issue with our ASA. However, once the VPN client has established a connection, I am able to TS into any of our servers in the office.(Without changing the properties of the NIC) The problem I am having is accessing the internet and being connected to the VPN client at the same time.

D,
For your issue, are you able to connect to the servers in your location? You should be able to set the DNS server IP's for the Group-Policy you have created for the Tunnel-group.
In our scenario we have a range of:
Address Pool name: IT
Start: 192.168.1.2
End: 192.168.1.20
Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Our DNS servers once connected are as such:

With those settings we are able to get to any machine in the network. By the way I used the VPN wizard accessable through the ASDM application. Maybe someone can help us both!
Cheers,
David

droudpeyma,

Do you want the internet traffic to go through the tunnel and exit through your corporate ISP or do you want a split-tunnel where the 172.16.x.x traffic goes through the tunnel and everything else goes through your remote ISP?

Add a value such as this under your group policy that the cisco vpn client is using

dns-server value "dns server 1" "dns server 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back