Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN on Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybje

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
NL
Hi,

I have a problem with setting up my VPN connection on Windows Vista.

I installed Cisco VPN Client version 5.0.00.340 on my Windows Vista Premium box.

When I try to connect the remote VPN concentrator, it will go no further than "Connecting the security gateway at x.x.x.x"

I tried again with the Windows Firewall turned off, but no result from that... I also disabled McAfee Anti Virus 8.5.

Does someone recognize this problem? And more important, does anyone have a resolution for it.

With regards,
Bart

See if the administrrator of the VPN server has some logfiles.

I have this version of Cisco VPN client on Vista Ultimate and it working without any problems. Pls, paste log from VPN Client.

Are you sure the IP address is correct in the VPN client configuration? If so, can you ping the IP address of the VPN concentrator from Vista? Could be a worm watching /protection software, like Norton.

Burt

There is no log from the VPN Client...

IP address of VPN concentrator is pingable...

Bart

after reinstall VPN Client I get the following error:

1 10:47:07.285 05/23/07 Sev=Warning/3 GUI/0xE3B00003
GI EnumPPP callback timed out.

Does it work from an XP box on the same network? More importantly, did you have a warning stating that there was a known compatibility issue between Cisco VPN client and Vista when installing the VPN client software? This happened to me when I had Vista, which was the last straw for me to wipe it and load XP Pro.

Burt

I have no problems connecting using Windows XP...

No warnings at all at the time of the installation of the VPN Client...

Everything seems to work, but a connection cannot be established.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back