Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN - NetMeeting Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink

Programmer
Apr 10, 2002
IN
OK, I have been going mad trying to find the answer to this one. I have the following configuration.

NetMeeting Client A -> Cisco PIX 515 -> Internet -> Cisco PIX 515 -> NetMeeting Client B

I have created a VPN tunnel between the networks of Client A and Client B. I DO NOT have NAT on the tunnel and sysopt connection permit-ipsec is set for the tunneled traffic. I have access-lists allowing ALL IP traffic from net A to net B and vice versa.

Everything works fine, everything except NetMeeting Audio and Video.

I know NM uses h.323 port 1720. I can use CHAT and WHITEBOARD. I think the PIX is blocking the random UDP ports opened for audio / video.

How can I set the PIX to allow these ports from net A to net B, or reverse. Both are trusted networks.

Simon

Pink,
Depending on the version of your Pix software, you can encounter this problem.
Since version 5.2, Netmeeting can display audion and video.

I think you must upgrade the software.

Mtoto

I am running version 6.0 of the PIX o/s

I keep hearing this, "it should work" etc.

But no one seems to be able to tell me how exactly. i.e the PIX config at both ends.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back