Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN client

Status
Not open for further replies.

droudpeyma

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2008
US
Hello again,
I have configured an ASA5520 to allow VPN clients to access our corporate networks. Everyhting works fine but my question is in regards to allowing any client to connect. Is it possible to set an IP pool to allow any external IP address to access our internal network via the VPN client? (IE...0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0) Or, do i need to create a pool as a range?
Thanks,
Dave

It's not quite clear what you're asking here.

The address pool in an RAVPN configuration is the pool of addresses that get assigned to clients when they connect. The pool does not have an impact on who can connect to the ASA with the VPN Client.

Generally, anyone should be able to connect to the ASA with the VPN client and at least attempt to login.

Matt

Matt,
Thanks for the response. It seems that you are right. For some reason, when I tried to connect to our VPN witht the Cisco client it wasn't working before. Now it is working just fine.
Thanks again :),
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back