Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Vpn client over wireless. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mepperson

Technical User
May 31, 2002
US
I am having issues connecting to my vpn at work through my linksys router.
I have no problems using a wired connection to my laptop. But my wireless connection does connect to the vpn ip, authenticates the user, but hangs on "Negotiating security policies..."
I have the latest firmware on ol' linky, my aironet card, and latest drivers. Oh, I am running XP, if that should be an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.
mikeh

Wondered if you ever figured out a fix to this problem. I have the same exact issue. Only difference is I am running Windows 2000.

Did you check the "Allow IPSec" option in the router options? I had this problem with my router and allowing IPSec raffic to go through fixed it.

- Vinay

Well, actually I did fix the problem. I am not sure if it was a setting I missed. But I did allow for IPsec to pass.
All I did was reload my linky with the previous firmware.
Re-booted and logged on, no problem.

You might want to try that. I had to get into Linksys's ftp site and dril down to the firmware revisions.

Hope this helps.

Glad to hear your problem is fixed. When you say you loaded "previous" version of firmware, do you by any chance know what version that is? Thanks again.

Found the same problem when I upgraded firmware from 1.40.x to 1.42.7. Currently have an email into Linksys support, but have not heard anything yet.

I was having the exact same problem - I think part of it is from making sure your firmware is for the right version of befw11s4 - there is a ver1 and a ver2 and the firmware can be different. I was using 1.42.7 with ver2 and when I upgraded to 1.43, the problem went away and everything works fine.

Disable the IPSEC pass through on the Linksys wireless router. That will fix the problem

I just installed my brand new BEFW11S4 and got the error connecting to my vpn at work. A quick trip to the linksys site to download the latest firmware and ... hey presto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back