Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco vpn client 5.0 Default Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdelite29

Technical User
Oct 29, 2007
US
I have a Cisco Pixfirewall (set up remote vpn using the wizard) at the office and I'm trying to access it with a Cisco VPN client (using the default setup). The vpn connection establishes but I cannot access anything at the office. Also on my remote pc...

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 8:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Cisco Systems VPN Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-05-9A-3C-78-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.10.2.100
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

the vpn ip pool is pushed to the remote connection but I can't access anything as I said before. Is the absense of a default gateway an issue?

using the dns and winds server at the office the problem? It does the same thing when i leave it blank. the subnet and mask are different from the office location as well. I havent gotten into the office yet but I was hoping for some suggestions so I can have a better understanding.

You need to add the ip scheme of the vpn pool (172.10.0.0/16) into your routing table so the rest of your network knows how to communicate with you when you vpn in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back