Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN Client 3.6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

vargas71

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2003
CA
Hi,

I want to know why when I use the Cisco VPN Client 3.6.4 on a Windows XP or 2000...there's no pop up windows that allowed me to enter my domain username and password???

Because without that and can't log on to the domain...

And I don't want to use connect before log on...I know that I can have this windows when I connect to my PIX with VPN...

It work on windows 98...

It's it a problem with my PIX configuration or the VPN client???

Thanks in advance!!!

Neither. The only way to login into your domain to have the vpn client start before login and add your computer to the domain.

You can login on a per server basis by accessing the server's share. It should pop a box asking for the username and password. Type domain\username for the username and your password for the password.

yeah but how can they access it if they not connected to the net before the login???

Because most of the user's PC as to connect to the net after they log on to their PC and the VPN Client connect before the net???

doesn't make any sense...

I saw on web site, that login window when they start the VPN Client connection on the Windows 2000 and XP...so there's a way to do it

HI.

There is no need to VPN before logon. All of the clients I have setup are connecting to VPN after they logon to their workstation.

Your pix configuration should have XAUTH configured, and then the VPN client will prompt for username and password.

Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back