Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN and AOL 7.0 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cniguy

Instructor
Nov 2, 1998
US
We have a Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator ... working great under MOST conditions. I have heard there are issues with AOL 7.0 and the Cisco VPN client. Also, we have experienced users of AOL 7.0 being unable to connect using the Cisco client. Anyone having similar problems? Anyone have any solutions ... other than Don't user AOL 7.0.

Reid Lauderman, CCNA

I work with nortel vpn software and hardware, and it is flakey with AOL software. AOL even admitted it. I know this does not help you, but it may enforce the fact that your vpn is only a viable solution if your isp is allowing vpn to work with it's software and network.

We are using Symantec's RaptorMobile VPN client and are unable to make it work over AOL connections.

I tried AOL 7.0 and at the suggestion of AOL DSL support 6.0 Neither worked. Apparently they will work if dual tunneling is allowed - but this is generally not allowed because of security problems.

I had this exact problem at a client site....
Remote users connecting through AOL 7 couldn't establish a VPN connection. I downgraded them to AOL 6 and the thing worked like a charm

System: Cisco PIX and Safenet on the client side ------------
Certified in absolutely nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back