Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN 5.0.07 over WWAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theoneandonly

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2002
BE
Hi all,

I ran out of ressource on this one. There must be a solution somewhere : on Windows 7 professional, I'm using Cisco VPN client, on an HP8440 laptop. I was usually connecting tough 3G USB vodafone key under XP. If I do so again under Windows 7, it works fine. If I put the 3G sim card in the PC slot designed for this (behind the battery), and use HP connect manager, it fails. I can contact the VPN public IP, make the tunneling, but nothing after that. No net ressources from my LAN are available. In VPN stats, all packets are rejected. I compared the working one with the non-working one hundreds of times...one of the only difference I see (beside the fact that vodafone appears as modem, and HP sim slot as NIC) is the routing. Under Vodafone, there's no gateway on the internet connection. Under WWAN (the name of that thing for HP), there's. In the route print, the path to my VPN public address goes trough that gateway with WWAN, while with vodafone it goes over the On-link, as it should.

Any idea anyone?

Hello,
5.0.07.0290 release notes extract:
"This release, however, does not support WWAN devices
(also called wireless data cards) on Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) and x64."

Do not ask me why, and I don't know yet when a 5.x release supporting WWAN cards will be available.

I forgot to read the release notes on this one, my mistake.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back