Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Visual Switch Manager: Which password ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRNancay

MIS
May 27, 2002
FR
I have a problem with my 2900 XL Cisco Switches.
After logging with my navigator (with username: admin, password: ...) on the 2900 Switch, I have the first page of the switch.
The first line is: Cluster Management Suite or Visual Switch Manager.
Cisco Visual Switch Manager (CVSM) is an embedded HTTP Server for switch management.
All is OK for the moment.
After clicking on CVSM, a java Plug-in is loaded and I have a new page:

Entrer le mot de passe du reseau:
Pare Feu: <Adr IP>/<Adr Ip>
Domaine: level 15 access
Plan: basic
Nom d'utilisateur: ?
Mot de passe: ?

Nom d'utilisateur (Username) and (mot de passe )password are not the usernames and passwords I use to connect on the switch (via http or telnet), even in mode enable.
What are these username and password I must enter in order to access CVSM and manage my switches ?

Thanks for your help

Use Java revision prior to 1.3.1

The newer Java plugin seems to have an issue.

It is just asking for the same username combo again, if you enter your passwords again you'll get in

I want use the CVSM (Cisco Visual Switch Manager), but i cant find this software. Please can you send me this software?

PRNancay

Have you need able to resolve this issue, I have the same problem and have downgraded my version of Java to 1.3.1 as mentioned in this thread, but that did not resolve the issue.

Did you manage to fix it without reloading the IOS

Cheers

Andy

I have the same problem....."I was trying to setup an Catalyst 3500 XL Switch. I can access to
everything with the hyper terminal. I download the Java browser plug-in
and install – I can get into the initial page but not with
the Cluster Management Suite or Visual Switch Manager page. It asks me for the network password and I can’t pass that point. Is the password are the same as the one that I logon into the switch itself? I tried that it didn’t work either…"

Please help!!

ok, I got the solution ! it works for me

if you are using XP then download the java plugin 1.4.1 and it should work. don't forget to uninstall the previous version first !!

jp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back