Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanJang

Technical User
Feb 22, 2000
CA
Hello i have cisco router 2501 series and i need to know where i can download the upgrade version of the ios is:<br>

<br>

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software<br>

IOS (tm) 3000 Software (IGS-D-L), Version 10.0(6), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)<br>

Copyright (c) 1986-1994 by cisco Systems, Inc.<br>

Compiled Tue 25-Oct-94 19:22 by dougs<br>

<br>

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version (3.3), SOFTWARE<br>

<br>

Thnaks for the help!<br>

<br>

Nathanr<br>

Almost every Cisco upgrade I have every received, even just version upgrades, had to be purchased. I only one update (for a bug fix) was obtained by calling their tech support. If you have the SmartNet maintenance, I believe you are entitled to upgrades, but again I think the route for that is through their tech support or customer support.

rjs is correct. If you have a CCO login with Cisco you can download the image from their software center. If you don't you will need to go through the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and purchase it. Unless it is under warrenty and then you can still get it for free as long as it has the same feature set originally ordered

Purchasing a warranty for that specfic router is pretty cheap ranging from about 275 up to 440 bucks.&nbsp;&nbsp;Lower end will give you 24 hour phone support with next day parts all covered, and higher end up to 24 hour phone support with 4 hour response time for parts.&nbsp;&nbsp;This will be good for one year and will cover all of your IOS udates.&nbsp;&nbsp;In all there are 6 different types of warranty.<br><br><br>JasonC

I can send you an IOS upgrade it's version 11.2. I also have a 12.0 version but my concen is that to upgrade to this you usually have to increase your memory capacity. You can run it without increasing memory, but your router will run at a snails pace even if you aren't using any access lists. <br><br>My email is:&nbsp;&nbsp;<A HREF="mailto:state@lipstream.com">state@lipstream.com</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back