Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco unity license

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORTELCS

Technical User
Aug 2, 2007
Hi

I have Unity with only unified messaging license no unity inbox license. I have configured a subscriber for one of the extension, if I am calling the extension I am not able to leave a message for the user, it is playing the default message for the admin mailbox.

Can I leave a message without a unity inbox licenses.

Thanks.

I am not sure I understand you inquiry but there are two type of licenses in Unity. Port licenses and subscriber licenses. As long as you have available subscriber licenses you should be able to create a user mailbox and receive messages.
From the behaviour you are describing it sounds like it is a configuration issue and not a license issue.
Even if you were out of licenses the system would still let you create the user mailbox it would just shut down all operations withing 48hrs due to a license violation.

It sounds like you have mapped the Extension Number to the Administrator's mailbox.

The Unity Inbox license is for accessing the voice mail box from a Web browser at <ip address>\ciscopca. But not having those licenses has nothing to do with getting to the Admin mailbox. It is usually used for undeliverable messages which is what it sounds like you are getting. Double check all your settings to be sure you aren't sending the call to the wrong place/mailbox. By default the Admin mailbox is set at 99999.

You can set up the mailbox in unity but you also have to configure it in the dn programing go to device select phone go to the phone number and open it go to
to the directory number on the left part of the window click the dn on that page make sure you have the voice mail profile set up..... and in call forward and pickup settings make sure you have forward busy and no answer on internal and external calls checked for voice mail
they will need a working css as well
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back