Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Unity 10 Slow to delete messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

slp123

Technical User
Oct 25, 2005
CA
There is a lag when deleting messages - where can it be adjusted. Is it service affecting

What do you mean lag? Can you be a bit more specific hoof your issue?

Sorry for the briefness of that.
After listening to a Voice message the user eg presses 7 to delete the message.
You hear to the count of 4 before hearing that the message has been deleted which is too slow for users.
Before the upgrade you heard 'deleted' quickly resulting in getting to the next message faster.
I know that 16 goes to next message but user wants to delete or save message listened to before going forward.

Is the single inbox option used? In other words do you get your voice messages in your email?

Yes, the users are set up to 'Accept and Relay' via their email address which is something they have had in the past.
Unified Messaging available but not rolled out yet.

If you are only doing message relay via smtp server, then it shouldn't even delete it from your email inbox.
only single inbox is capable of doing this (therefore the name). You are either giving us wrong information or you are getting wrong info from your users.

The email they receive is not the issue as we are using Message Notification only.
It is when users are listening to messages via their PHONE:
After listening to the first message say they dial 7 to delete.
The system is a tad slow in saying 'Deleted' then slow to say 'Next Message'.

Ok now it's clear.
Is this the only "command" that is slow to respond?
Everything else is good?
If this is the only one, do you have a failover unity server? If so are they on the same lan or are they spread across a wan link?
I would try rebooting your servers at some point, it might clear the issue.
4 seconds do sound long, have you verified that it is actually that long and that it is system wide and all the time?

Yes WAN line between two sites.
At the upgrade phones from 2 sites were registered to one.
Phones were rebooting on their own and other problems so to resolve those and other issues:
-Tuesday evening changed each site registered locally as it was in the past.
-Voice Gateways set up primary CUCM as the one which is local and vice versa; reset and phones rebooted.

Voicemail items noted are still slow in saying 'Deleted' then slow to say 'Next Message'.
I had noticed it plus other users contacted me about it as well.

You are having some kind of delay issue which would be related to your wan bandwidth and qos. Is your primary unity connection on the opposite site of where users are having issues?
You also didn't answer the question of if the delay is consistent. Does it happen all the time to all the users on all sites? That is very important to try and isolate your issue.
It's definately not a ucon timer issue

The delay is consistent at site 1; smaller site 2 no complaints received but I will test on Monday.

CUCM; one Hunt Route with site 2 vm ports first followed by site 1 vm ports.
Does this indicate the primary unity is through WAN to site 2?
We need to have changed if it is to each site with local Hunt Route to vm.
Your thoughts.

A bandaid to fix insufficient wan bandwidth but yes that should work.
You'll probably start having db replication issues so you might want to look into it a little deeper sooner than later. Proper QoS might be all you need depending on your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back