Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xrayhead

Programmer
Jul 19, 2002
GB
Adding CUPC Devices and Users??

Ok I have a callmanager 7 and wanted to have a play with the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, so I found a link on the Cisco Wiki and followed it to a T but cant seem to logon to the server, all I gat is "Login Failed. Unable to connect to your login server"

Now I know the account works as I can login to the "Cisco Unified CM Administration" (with my end user account).

My question is;
I have followed the link bellow 100% apart from I have no "Cisco Unified Presence Server" that I can use. All I have is the CUCM 7 to configure, so do I need the CUPS to get the "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator" to work.

Link I have been working to;

Ahh bummer, I was hoping I could run it without CUPC.

I have access to the Cisco download area so will have a look at the CUPC and see if I can get it installed. Do you know if you get the free licences for testing the same as with CUCM.7 ??

Xray

Not sure. A copy of the server comes with most installation packages of UCM 6 and 7. You need the PAK to activate the services but that's all. It uses DLU's from the Publisher.

Ahh ok, I'll have a look at all the disks I had from Cisco!

I had one server on Ver5 and one on Ver 4 and I've just upgraded with the new version 7 disks. I just went for the full install trashing the disks and old configuration as I only have a lab setup (no real user's).

Thanks for the help so far!

Xray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back