Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco to buy Avaya? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcook

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
Take this with a grain of salt. Maybe two grains. But I was talking to a Cisco gold partner who was on a partner call last week and there is a rumor, mind you a rumor, that Cisco may buy Avaya and shut them down. No technology transfer just shutting down the competition. Does anyone have any corroborating information? Take it for what it is worth, I assume no responsibility for the accuracy of this claim.

If it were true, any one who knew something couldn't say anything, but it won't keep people from speculating.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

But I don't see the point of the post, nothing good usually comes out of these topics.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I don't think a Cisco partner is going to be a reliable source!

Rather than spreading alleged rumors, read the Avaya restructuring proposal.

Anyone who buys another company has a obligation to support customers with a contract with that company.
Except in case of a bankruptcy then this will always be the case.
So, no worries. Just whishfull thinking of the Cisco partner to get access to some real telecom stuff.
Like I do, hoping to win the lottery one day...

I heard that too.
One of our sales guys told me that a competitor (selling Cisco) told the customer this to get the deal rather than them buying Avaya.
Sounds plausible to me that sales guys tell whatever they need to tell to sell.
They spread this rumor to tell customers it would be better to buy Cisco right away.
IMHO the problem is that Cisco treats phones as second class networking devices and if they would get to it they would make it worse than it already is and even more complicated if that is possible.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Darn, I hope not. I can't lose my job with my drug habit being as expensive as it is.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

I do feel the handwriting is on the wall for Avaya. They have never integrated the UC stuff businesses seem to demand these days. They all want Skype and what have you and Avaya simply has not delivered on that. Plus they are shafting the SMB side of their business as well leaving Mitel and NEC to fill the void. heir upper management seems tone deaf. And then they truly ridiculous "fixes" to the revenue stream such as taking button labels off their phones and not shipping IP phones with patch cords.

Recently became Cisco UCS certified -just sayin...

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Oh please Avaya is going no where too embedded in this business and soon will be out of bankruptcy

You should be more concerned that Cisco is going to buy Broadsoft. Cisco has expressed interest in abandoning the channel, they're going to sell direct to the end user. Broadsoft has expressed interest in doing the same. Sounds like a great time to be an Avaya Partner to me!

NTSDirect

Indeed I have heard from a reasonable source that Avaya will be out of chapter 11 by the end of the year.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back