Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco SW 6513 QOS issue - Match any statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiky656

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2012
Hello ,I'm a big fan of what I've seen here from professional intervenes. It's my first post here and I would like any expert help me out :( I've been looking 4 days for a solution but in vain.

I'm trying to set qos for VLAN 254 and police traffic to only 2 Mg , this is easy so far. Problem is I need to put an exception for some users to go beyond the 2 Mg based on source MAC address.

My configuration design is as the below

Class map Test
match ip
match not source-mac xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

Policy map Test
class Test
police 2048000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

Interface vlan 254> service-policy output Test
Source-mac is not supported for this interface

-- I don't know what's wrong ! Is their any way around to exclude certain hosts ?
Below is the IOS version

Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICES_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXH3a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: Copyright (c) 1986-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 24-Sep-08 07:18 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(17r)SX5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
cisco WS-C6513 (R7000) processor (revision 2.0) with 458720K/65536K bytes of memory.

Thank you very much in advance

Thank you for your feedback. I will look through your link and report my results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back