Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapsi1911

MIS
Dec 21, 2003
US
I'm rather new to Call Manager. Does anyone know how to get the cisco softphone 1.3(3) up and running for Call Manager 3.2. Every time I run the softphone application it asks me to select a line to use, but none are listed. I'm assuming that I have to have first register the softphone with Call Manager, but I didn't see "softphone" under the list of devices. Can someone help me out with this?

thanks,
dave

Create a new phone by selecting CTI port, configure it as a normal phone.
Create a user in the user dir of the callmanager, and associate the user with the created CTI port.
now start the softphone with the correct username/password cearted before and you should be able to select the line (CTI port)

Simon

I have the same problem, on an WIN98. I configured a CTI port and a user, I've specified them on Softphone, but nothing.

I was also having the promblem you guys are talking about. I set up the CTI Route point, and had it working on my desktop, but for the life of me I could not get it working on my laptop. I even built a new user in the Dir, and associated the lines to it, and it still would not work, but the desktop was just fine. Not sure if it has any affect but you also need to make sure the user in the DIR has the IP address to the desktop you are using.

But what i finally did was instead of programming it on the publisher, i programmed the user on the he CCM subscriber, and pointed my softphone to the subscriber CCM and it worked. If you have two CCMs try programming it into the other one and see what happens.

RTMCKEE

You do not needf to create a CTI Route Point, You'll only have to create a CTI port. Cou can do this by selecting "Add a new Phone" from the web-admin page of CCM.
If you are able to create a user that works on the Publisher CCM you might have LDAP/DC Dir problems, check this first.

Simon

Most of the problems I have had with Softphone have been a version mismatch. You MUST run the same version of Softphone as the call manager.

I have CCM 3.3.3 SR2,I have been on CCM since 3.0(9). I run a 100% Cisco network and I bleed Cisco blue if you cut me! (Makes things real difficult at the local red cross when I donate blood.)

I hate the Cisco Softphone and I tell Cisco every chance I get.

I use the IP Blue SCCP phone, it works and sets up just liek a 7960.

Mspivey
CCNP

Wait a little while and the next version of SoftPhone will be out. It emulates a 7960 and uses SCCP.

The Cisco Communicator (new IP softphone name) is out.... or it was. It was supposed to go public on the 15th, but they pulled it back. I do not have a new release date at this posting.

However.... if you are on CCM 3.3.3 SR3 and you can get a copy for testing purposes. When you add a new phone the option does not show up unless you have 3.3.3 SR3 on the CCM.

Mspivey
CCNP

For the correct working softphone you need always the right TSP Version.

If You use CCM 3.3 you have to install Cisco TSP 3.3

After a new major release of Callmanager, you always have to update the TSP

with regards

moskito

The Cisco IP Communicator was released on March 23 and can be downloaded from Cisco Connection Online if you have an active service contract. It emulates very closely a 7970 IP phone.

Only problem I had with it is that we have auto-registration set up, and it auto-registered the phone without even giving me the options for setup that I'm used to with the SoftPhone. On the plus side, setup and interface is exactly the same as with a 7970.

Performance also seems to be much improved (program responsiveness, audio quality) over the old softphone.

You need to set the Softphone up as a CTI port, Associate the Softphone to a user (Under Users/Global Directory; goto the user and Device Association. In the Softphone settings point to the Call Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back