Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Simulator Qs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superd04

Technical User
Aug 9, 2005
FR
Iv studied the cisco testking questions thoroughly- which seem to be as close to the real questions as possible.
Does anyone know a good resource for the cisco exam simulation questions, as i dont have any sample questions for these?
Thanks in advance- Dave

I hope you didn't study TestKing to hard because they make a lot of mistakes. As for the simulator questions, they won't be that bad. If you have gone through and practiced setting up things like simple routing protocols on routers you should be OK.

Be able to set up single area OSPF, NAT overload, RIP, VLANS, VTP Domains, and all the basic stuff. I would make sure you are familiar with the details of the various "show commands" also as they love to present these as test questions. I do know you can still pass if you fail the simulator, provided you only get one sim. You can't miss much else though.

nekesauk,
It is ok, but too bad it does not understand all correct Cisco commands. It would be nice if this was programmed to act like a real router or a good sim. But for free I guess it is some practice.

It does not know that ena is same as enable and e0/0 is the same as ethernet0/0 and no shut is same as no shutdown etc.

Even the Cisco sim on the CCNA does not make you spell everything out, I was suprised at how much the CCNA sim acted like a real router.

I always tell my students to understand the full spelled out command and the abv. command - I have seen it used both ways on a Cisco exam.

I tell them to get used to using the shortcuts/abv. much faster and easier to type -
sh int e0/0
then
show interface ethernet 0/0

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back