Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco serie 800 ISDN router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron2k3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2003
PT
I have an Cisco serie 800 with a ISDN interface for dialup net access and one Ethernet port.

the problem is that when i connect to the console port, with a console cable, i open Hyperterminal or i just telnet to the com1, then i notice that the router is in RomMonitor mode, the prompt is this one:

Boot>

but when i try to send commands, the router doesn't respond or it gives trash characters....

what could be the problem? router rom is fucked? or i have missed something in my telnet configuration?

i apreciate any help or comments on this one, thanks

Tron

Check your hyper term settings, the router should default to 8bits 1 stop bit no parity 9600 baud. You can change this in rom mon, but you need to be able to read the output first....

I used those setting on my SecureCRT. So, the problem must be another...

After reading the original post again I realise that the speed must be correct, as you get the Boot> prompt.

Looks like there is a serial interface problem in the Tx direction from your PC, can you get the router swapped?

get the router swaped? what that means? :)

if i can send the router to fix and they will give me another? well, the warranty as ended.. and my client is going to install ADSL.. so... i think he doesn't need to pay for another router because soon he will have ADSL and then he will not need it anymore.

anyways, thanks for the help

/Tron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back