Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeEWin

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
What do you think is the most common Cisco router(s) and switches in use by businesses these days?

I would say 2500, 2600 & 3600 series. These are the workhorses.

Just my opinion though....anyone else?

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Agrees with IPKONFIG yet again, :)

Would say switches vary so much know a lot of companies that buy higher end cisco switches and mix them with the 3com lowend ones. (This was before cisco sad ohh poop need to lower our cost on the switches).

I would go with IPKONFIG on the routers, with switches, im finding more and more the sway to nortel 450T, 470T and passport 8600's over the Catalyst series..

Although it all depends on the job :)

TJ

I think it's difficult to say because the small routers are sold in very big numbers, so it has to be them that are the most common.
In our relative small shop we have a HSRP system for our internet connections running on 7206's, but we have around 100 of the old 700 models for ISDN dialin to our 3640.

But I would think that on Cisco's bottom line the sale of the two 7206's was a better deal for them then the 100 700-models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back