Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Router IOS Upgrades to support Voice Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbtmgr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2009
US
Until recently, all of our VoIP projects that included Cisco Gateway Hardware (i.e. Cisco 2811, 3825, 3845) we new purchases with the IOS that included the SP or Voice Feature Set, as well as SRST.

I'm engaged in a new project where we have an existing Cisco 3845 that we're looking to leverage for SRST services. The plan is to add an FXO module for analog failover\911, add a PVDM2-16, and upgrade the IOS as well as license SRST.

Question I have relates to the IOS Upgrade. We know that the hardware (FXO module, PVDM Module, any RAM or Flash upgrades) will have cost, and SRST being a licensed feature will have costs associated with it. But with respect to the IOS that includes the SP Services or IP Voice features, is there cost associated with this if you have Smartnet on the device? It's been my experience that Smartnet Contracts grant us access via our CCO acounts to the IOS downloads area on the Cisco site where we should be able to obtain the IOS with the correct Feature Set. So I'm trying to figure out if there is an additional cost, above and beyond Smartnet, for the IOS upgrade.

Thanks again. Really appreciate the feedback on these forums.

My experience mimics yours. If you have SmartNet you should be able to download the appropriate IOS at no additional cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back