Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco router configuration help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patelmike2002

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2013
US
Need help configuring Cisco 1841 router and firewall.

My provider has put their equipment and given me 2 subnets with public ip address. I am used to getting just one Subnet and connecting my firewall straight to the hand off. But in this case I am a bit confused. I assume I will need to put a router and configure it with before I connect my firewall.

Configure 1841 with:
Subnet 1:
200.xxx.67.200/29
Gateway: 200.64.67.201
First usable ip: 200.64.67.204

Subnet 2:
200.xxx.97.128/25
ISP says that they route this network via 200.xxx.67.204

--------------------------------------------------------
I also have a firewall that I would like to be on the subnet 2 at 20.xxx.97.130 and have my private network 192.168.xxx.xxx behind it.

Thank you for all the help.

IP address correction: I also have a firewall that I would like to be on the subnet 2 at 200.xxx.97.130 and have my private network 192.168.xxx.xxx behind it.

How many interfaces has your provider given you? If they're giving one interface per IP network, it's pretty straightforward. If both IP networks are riding in one interface, that's OK, because you can put two IP addresses on one interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back