Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco pre standard POE phones / Powerdsine midspan power

Status
Not open for further replies.

busman77

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2006
GB
I am looking to install Cisco 7960G phones at a remote site that currently has Cisco 2950 series switches on site.
I am therefore looking at installing a midspan POE injector, and understand that the Powerdsine PD-6024G/AC/M
may support Cisco Pre-Standard power. Cisco's website seems to confirm this - see - however Powerdsine's states that a splitter (PD-PS-401/Cisco) would be needed. Their technical support (call centre) confirmed this.
Anyone no the definitive answer, or know of an alternative product that I could use?

If its as a remote site.. I would look at getting an older used 3550-pwr before deploying a midspan unit.. if there are issues it will be hard to troubleshoot remotely..

BuckWeet

Thanks, but it's not that remote!
Also, I have a lot of other sites to do in the future, and would like to know if there is a suitable midspan POE injector that would work with the older pre-standard handsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back