Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco ppp over T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick007

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
Hello anyone,
I have a remote site that I was told had to join to our network, so we got ourselves a dedicated T1 Point-to-point and a couple of cisco 1841 with wic T1 TSU. I can ping each router and I can ping eth0 interface but if I try and ping a server (32.72.46.96) no luck.
Thanks for any help.

Here's the routers config.
--------------------------------------------------------
Router A-Corpt.Network
eth0 32.72.46.108 255.255.254.0
serial0/0/0 192.168.251.1
rip 32.0.0.0, 192.168.251.0
--------------------------------------------------------
Router B Offsite- headache
eth0 192.168.1.1
serial0/0/0 192.168.251.1
rip 192.168.1.0, 192.168.251.0
---------------------------------------------------------

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0/0 2 ????
Why the 2 after the interface number. This would set an administrative distance of 2....do you really need that? Also instead of using the interface why not try using its ip address.

I'll try using the ip address and see what it does, but if I take out the 2 I lose connection.

I noticed on router A interface serial0/0/0 says NVRAM and router B says manual

I noticed on router A interface serial0/0/0 says NVRAM and router B says manual"

What are you talking about?

Ok now I'm unable to see anything behind Router B, I can ping to it's inside interface but nothing after that, before I was to see the entire network. I changed the routes to 1 and lost connection, when I changed them back I was only able to see the inside interface on each router, that kind strange..

Can you repost the current configs, at least just the interface and routing portions? We don't need all the other stuff.

Well I believe in the Cisco fairy, I leave last no traffic, I come into today and both sides are talking away. Thanks a whole lot for all your responses

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back