Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Pix two website servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJBean1

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2004
US
Hi,

Is it possible to configure the Pix for two inbound website servers? What I mean is I have two web servers and I want to access one server for like email and another web server I want to access for a website. How can I tell the pix to differentiate between the two on the PIX? Can I use maybe a port type setup for the website server meaning add a port number to IP to use ex: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:portnum? If so how is this done? Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

JJ

First I am going to guess you have just one outside IP address and are using PAT. You can assign the websites different ports. Then in the PIX you could do a port redirect using the static command as Festus said.

Example
static (dmz, outside) tcp interface 80 192.168.1.1 80
static (dmz, outside) tcp interface 8080 192.168.1.2 8080

Of course you will need to allow these ports in.

Hi GtMoore,

On the servers I take it in IIS I need to assign the main root to IP address for ex. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080, correct?

Also what does PAT mean?

Thanks,

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back