Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Pix Config Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJBean1

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2004
US
Hi,

I have setup a terminal session with the Cisco Pix Firewall. I logined as username:enable then gave my password. I got the following prompt "Firewall#" which I beleive is putting me in edit mode. I tried adding a statement to the pix but got back an unrecognized error message. How do I get in edit mode to enter in some configuration changes. I don't want to change everything just want to add a few lines to config.

Thanks,

jj

Before you can change configurations in any Cisco device you need to be in configuration mode.
After seeing the # promtp wich means you are in privileged mode, enter "config t" short for configuration terminal.
You will get a prompt like Firewall(config)#
There is where you can change configurations. After finishing your entries, give an "exit" to return to privileged mode and then a "write mem" to save your config.

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back