Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Mobile Voice Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

fieryhail

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2010
Having some weird issues with Cisco MVA. CUCM 7.1.5. Using SIP trunks from bandwidth.com. SIP trunks are terminated into a 3745 router running CUBE. CUCM is connected to the c3745 gateway via h.323. Inbound and outbound calls work flawlessly through the SIP trunks,. I believe I have MVA configured properly. I can dial inbound on the DID that I assigned as the MVA DN, however I get the message that "I am not authorized to make calls, please contact your administrator.". There are appropriate dial-peers setup as well. I'm currently using complete match for recognizing CallerID, although I've tried it with partial also, same results. The remote destination profiles are setup correctly also as well as the actual remote destinations. This is an error message from the IVR that I am unfamiliar with. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be going wrong? Thanks in advance!

What IVR is the message coming from and why is IVR involved in this?
Are you sure that message is not coming from the SIP provider?
Do your SIP debugs show the call try to go back out and connect to the cell phone?

Thank you for your quick response. The IVR I am referring to is the integrated MVA IVR with CUCM. When I dial I hear (Welcome to Cisco Unified Communications. You are not authorized to make a call. Please contact your administrator". Yes, I am certain the message is not coming from Bandwidth.com. I'm not even working with getting calls hairpinned back out...yet lol.

For some reason my mobile phone does not seem to be getting "authorized". Furthermore, to make things stranger, when I dial from a phone that is NOT programmed as a remote destination, I get the message to enter my remote number, but the call then drops after appx. 5 seconds. THis occurs whether I type in any numbers or nothing at all. I hope this helps clarify the situation some. I'll be happy to upload any relevant files for additional help. Thanks again.

Even though you clearly mention MVA, I was thinking of mobile connect.
What is the IOS of the router with the VXML script?
It is correct behaviour for the script to ask for your remote number if it is not configured.
Unfortunately I've never implemented this in a live environment only in a lab and it was long time ago.
Take a look at this guide, it might help.

I appreciate your response Whykap. I've set it up before, also quite a long time ago. The IOS is 12.4(15)T8. Running on a c3745 router. Thanks for the link to the blog. I'd been there before quite some time ago and couldn't find it again. I appreciate it. I'll keep working on this. I'll re-post with any updates. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back