Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco / Linksys SPA8000 - physical connection to 3300 ASU

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoint

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2006
US
Me again [bigsmile]

We have a 3300 ICP MX (50004190) and a pair of 3300 ASU (50001266). The ASUs have 4 LS trunks each. We have a bell subscription for 7 lines for trunking. The 3300 isn't licensed for SIP trunks. We're interested in buying an SPA8000 (8 RJ11, 1 RJ21 port) and moving to SIP trunks (Flowroute?) If I connect one SPA8000 to one of the ASUs, by RJ21, I would have use of (up to only) 4 trunks on the 3300 side, correct? We no longer use any ONS lines on the ASUs (trunks only).
Do you have any ideas for connecting the SPA8000 in a way I can use more than 4 trunks?
I would also be glad for service provider recommendations.

Thank you!

Never mind on the connection question. The 25 pair feeds to the ASUs terminate on a couple patch panels, so that answers that question simply. But I'm still open to SIP provider recommendations.

According to your profile, you are in PA, US

You might want to include location info if you are looking for recommendations.

I'm in Canada, useless to you.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Yup, we're in Pennsylvania. I signed up with Flowroute and successfully registered Line 1 on an SPA 8000 with Flowroute, and patched to one of the ASUs. I'm happy with the tests so far. Now if I could convince our PSTN provider to release us from our agreement early, without an ETF (yeah -- I wasn't involved with the decision to enter that contract). Even with the current (prorated) ETF, I think we would fairly quickly recoup that cost with Flowroute, or similar service provider, through substantially lower cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back