Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco isdn router

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWray

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
I am looking to put in an ISDN router and am wondering which Cisco product would be the best? I was thinking the 804 model?

Thanks,

Matt Wray
CCNA

The 800 series routers are good. Keep in mine as to what type of isdn circuit you are getting S/T -U interface. The 804 has a U interface.

801 BRI S/T
802 BRI U
803 BRI S/T 4 port hub
804 BRI U 4 port hub Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Thanks, but I am not sure what S/T or U means. I am still pretty new at this.

Matt Wray
CCNA

They refer to a connection point. 804 BRI U 4 port hub router should be find for your application. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

We have used 802 routers for dial up over ISDN.Although this is not part of your original Q. When we initially set up the router we had nightmares configuring DDR. One of our clients had horrendous 'phone bills because the isdn line was being brought up by uninteresting traffic and routing table updates. Try and use static routes where possible, and be specific with access lists.
If you've already considered this then my apologies for waffling, if not it may save u a hefty 'phone bill.

I am very new to all of this and any advice is very helpful!

Matt Wray
CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back