Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Firmware Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

astanley

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2002
US
I realize that this question has been posted several times in various ways, however, I have been unable to find a posted solution to the issue. It has been some time since the question was raised and I am currently facing a situation where I need to find a copy of a firmware image for an old Catalyst 1900 series switch. The only version number I can find to reference for the firmware is 5.37 (but any 5.x version would do I think - provided it is the standard edition firmware). I have tried contacting Cisco at their US 800# and have just been shuffled around. At one point I was told to email web-help@cisco.com, but that address has proven unresponsive. If anyone knows where I can locate a stored image of this firmware I would greatly appreciate some guidance!

The version you need is called 'Catalyst 1900 original software', not 'standard edition' (which is for the newer 1900A). The standard edition is freely available (v9.00.04), whereas the original software is not - who knows why.

The image name is cat1900.537.bin - I think your best bet is to find someone with CCO software access...

Cheers *Rob

I may have a copy of the software that Rob suggested. Drop your Email address down and I will see if I can look it out.

Regards,

Tony. Regards,

Tony :)

Did this get resolved? I'm having the same problem and can't find that file anywhere. Any help would be stellar.

I have found the file cat1900.537.bin with a ftpsearch engine. The URL are:

ftp.lanck.ru/pub/cisco/cat1900.537.bin

I have also download the file but I have some problems to upload the firmware to my Catalyst 1900 (1900C), so I don't know if that file works.
At this moment my switch is down: the eeprom is erased and i can't upload new firmware. :(

bye

scnt

I have tried the firmware of the previous message and appear good. The switch work :), but I have a problem with POST: Error 00000001 Address 0000FF00 :( and 8 of 24 ports down.

scnt

I also need software for an old Catalyst 1900. Someone who can mail me a version that works?

/Claus

ckc@amok.dk

scnt's link works fine. I was able to download the firmware without a hitch, and got the switch up an running. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back