Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco DDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

strueson

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
US
Hi all – I have to connect a branch office to the HQ true ISDN. I successfully configured DDR on both cisco routers. My network is running EIGRP and I already denied this traffic to prevent the B-channels to come up. Unfortunately there is a lot of other “unimportant” traffic that brings the channel up (Windows talking to DCs,. … ).
Can someone tell me how should I configure the ACL in order to prevent the link to come up for “nothing”?

Thanks in advice

have u tried setting a dialer list?

Yes, I have. The problem is that the computers in the branch office are domain member of the HQ. DC and PC regularly exchange some packet and that brings up the link. I want to stop that... I want the link to come up only if there is a real need.

If u are using the ddr for specific purposes, try to use a permit for the users/applications intended to use it and deny all other traffic.if u post your access/dialer list and more details on what u need to pass/block it will be easier to help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back