Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco CUCM 9.1.2 <<-->> CS 1000 Via H323 - Hold Resume on AVAYA phone produces one way/n

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPatriots

Vendor
Sep 18, 2007
US
I have a pretty basic configuration, connecting a CUCM 9.12 to CS1000 - Via direct H323 connection (no IOS gateways). Calling back and forth works fine, a G711 call is established without issue. I had to use MTP and Faststart inbound and outbound to get it all working.

Issue: When AVAYA user puts call to Cisco phone on hold, I hear music on the Cisco phone, but when the AVAYA user resumes the call I have either one way/no way audio. Interestingly enough, call control stays up, and if the AVAYA user put me on hold I hear Music again.

After 3 hour marathon Cisco TAC call, they established that there is some sort of unsolicited change in endpoints/port numbers coming from the CLAN cards on the AYAYA.

I've seen this problem on a couple old, closed threads, but no solutions seem to be posted. Has anyone ever solved this issue? In talking with the customer they have 5-6 other similar Cisco-H323-AVAYA integrations, all with the same issue.

Any ideas much appreciated, the TAC is of course - saying it is an AVAYA issue.. :)

Not sure what the solution is but you will see IP addresses and Ports altering on CS1000 during the call, for example when you put a call on hold it is moved to the DSP on the MGC that contains the MIRAN and when taken off it comes back to either the DSP of the MGC that contains the TDM Phone or back to the IP Phone depending what you are using.

Other than that i cannot give too much input all our links between CS1000 and Cisco are SIP. I would think you would need to open a Service Request with Avaya to investigate.

yup, something about a OLC messages (open logical channel on h323) not working properly, it happened with cs1000 to cs1000 h323 calls as well, i don't think it was limited to cisco/cs1000 only.

sniffer traces showed calls coming off hold did not get the message from the signaling servers. SIP ties did not experience this, so i'm not sure if this was ever resolved or not.

I've seen it all work fine with SIP on other systems before (and I've used MGCP with Cisco IOS gateways and physical trunks) and this has worked at other customers. Problem with using SIP - licensing on AVAYA/Nortel - customer doesn't want to spring for it.

As far as CODECs - we explored that, and locked the entire call path to G711, and sniffer traces show it all staying that way throughout the entire hold/resume process.

We took the MOH solution out of the picture, so the source address' stopped changing now, but the port numbers are still changing after a hold/resume.

This customer has several other Cisco/Nortel/AVAYA integrations and is experiencing the issue on them also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back