Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Console Port and Xyplex Max1600

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihiepler

Technical User
Jul 5, 2001
DE
Does anybody access cisco device over a Xyplex Max1600 terminalserver? I can access the cisco box(es) but i allows see a &quot;^@&quot; at hte cisco prompt and if i type &quot;sh run&quot; some characters or whole lines will not be display and i can not use <space> or <enter> to display the next page/line.

I think it is a flow control problem but i tried out every combination on the max1600 and the cisco box (i.e. hardware/software/none flow control).

I´m using a cisco roll-over cable to connect the devices with the following cable schema:
1-8
2-7
3-6
4-5
5-4
6-3
7-2
8-1

Here ist ONE of the MaxServer configuartion I tried:

def port 16 autobaud dis
def port 16 speed 9600
def port 16 char 8
def port 16 parity none
def port 16 stop bits 1
def port 16 input flow cont ena
def port 16 output flow cont ena
def port 16 flow control xon
def port 16 typeahead size 1024
def port 16 access remote
def port 16 type ansi
def port 16 telnet terminaltype &quot;VT320&quot;

Can anybody help me before I jump from a bridge...

Yours

Ingo

This is just a stab in the dark, but try changing the 'def port 16 telnet terminialtype &quot;VT320&quot;' to VT100???

I saw this set-up before, good luck finding any hardcore troubleshooting info on the web, it's pretty scarce. Regards,

Don

Done, no changes!!!

I can not belive what i´m the only poor man who use this boxes together. Anyway thanks for your answer. I go to the next high bridge now and trash these boxes (maybe only the Xyplex???).

Yours

Ingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back