Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco certification...CCNA...then CCVP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfld513

Technical User
Aug 22, 2007
US
Hi good people,

I am preparing for cisco certification.
I intend to go the CCENT route,ICND1&2(CCNA) and then CCVP
I happen to have the following equipment (ebay rules).
4X 2500
3X 1900
1x 2900
I was hoping someone could let me know the best way to set this up (a Home lab)with the certification path i am pursuing in mind.
My internet at home is via a DSL modem.I would appreciate responses,and advice to assist with achieving my goal.

If you are looking for some cheap hardware i was able to pick up a 2611 off this guy (Rick@soonernetworksolutions) for 45 beans. Might be able to get you a deal on some diffrent stuff.

bobbyforhire,

Yes - soonernetworksolutions is on Ebay in the Cisco area - I got 2 2611s for $27 each just last week - I still remember when you had to get 2500s to get a good, low cost router :)

I think it is a bit of a trade off with the 2500 vs the 2600 - don't need the 10Base-T (RJ45) to AUI Ethernet Transceiver - but do need the WIC. 2600s have more DRAM 64 vs 16 and are FASTER!

I saw where he has a bunch of 2612s (basicly the 2612 is a 2610 with an extra Token Ring interface) for $30 each with MAX DRAM and FLASH. These are not bad for your 2nd or 3rd router in the mix or I have my lab at work with a 2610 with 2 WIC-2Ts and is running as my Frame Relay switch. I might add a Cisco NM-4A/S Serial Network Module for another 4 connections in the future.

Just some thoughts!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back