Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Catalyst 2900 Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Does anyone know how to put a 3com hub between the router and this kind of switch? We tried different ports of the switch including #24 which supposed to be the uplink port but no luck, please know the 3com hub has to be on the uplink side and it's own uplink port is connected to the router. If anyone can solve this problem, I will really appreciate it.

Sounds like a cabling issue to me. I've done this hundreds of times on cisco switches and 3com hubs or other brands of hubs..

Check your crossover cable..

BuckWeet

:) The hub to switch connection is straight forward. Either use a crossover cable from hub to switch or use a straight cable from port 24 on the hub (midi/midi-x switch) to a hub on the switch and when the led comes on both devices, voila!!. It is connected. It is a better design to have the switch connected to the router and then the hub daisyed off the switch..

:) The hub to switch connection is straight forward. Either use a crossover cable from hub to switch or use a straight cable from port 24 on the hub (midi/midi-x switch) to a port on the switch and when the led comes on both devices, voila!!. It is connected. It is a better design to have the switch connected to the router and then the hub daisyed off the switch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back