Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO CALL MANAGER - SIP TRUNK

Status
Not open for further replies.

betoraya2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2009
MX
HI EVERYBODY....

I HAVE A CISCO CALL MANAGER 5.1 AND I CONFIGURE A SIP TRUNK TO A PROVIDER THAT LET ME MAKE CALLS TO PSTN WE DO TEST TO OUTGOING CALLS AND ALL WORKS BUT THEY GIVE ME SOME DIDs AND HE SAYS ME THAT I NEED TO CONFIGURE THAT DIDs ON MY PBX :S I HAVE CCM 5 HOW CAN I CONFIGURE DIDs TO MY EXTENSIONS?????¿¿¿¿

NOTE: BETWEEN MY CCM AND THE PROVIDER ARE ONLY THE SIP TRUNK, NOT GATEWAYS , JUST A SIP TRUNK CONFIGURE ON THE CCM,,, AND CONECTS THROUGH THE INTERNET. WITH OTHERS PROVIDERS THAT GIVEME AN E1 TO MY CISCO GATEWAY I CONFIGURE THE DIDs TO AN EXTENSION WITH COMMAND "NUM-EXP"

PLEASE HELP¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

You will see a Calling Search Space that is assigned to that SIP trunk. This determines what the SIP provider can "dial" on your system. So as long as the assigned CSS has permission to the partition that your phone DNs are in, you should be set. Just make sure they are out-pulsing (older telco term) the correct number of digits from the DID. In other words, if you have 5 digit long extensions, they should be sending you the last 5 digits of the DID. If they can't adjust the number of digits sent, then you'll have to adjust the Significant Digits field in the SIP trunk page to correct this.

somebody can give more detailed information please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back