Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Call Manager Behind Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

lateefstar

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2006
AU
I have assigned IP Address to call manager which is 192.168.2.200 i have registered two cisco 7940 in call manager. I can make calls with in the same network.

Now i would like to make call from diffrent subnet.

Basically location 1 has got call manager and its IP is internal IP which is 192.168.2.200.

From location2 i want to register another ip phone into call manager but the location 2 ip address is on diffrent subnet 10.1.1.1.

In this scenerio i cannot use tftp server as you know the tftp of call manager is internal IP which is 192.168.2.200.

In this scenario how do i registered the cisco 7940 Ip phone from location 2 which is in diffrent subnet 10.1.1.1.

Any suggestions.
Thanks

In your Title you say Cisco CallManager behind firewall but you didn't mention it in your question. Is there a Firewall between the 2 locations?
Generally if you can get to the CallManager from the remote location you can register a phone to it as long as there is nothing blocking the CCM ports and protocols.

No there is only one firewall. Say for example i am sending one cisco 7940 ip phone to you and that phone is registered in my call manager. But that call manager is in your subnet and my call manager ip address is 192.168.2.200

The phone which i sent to you is not registering why because my call manager and tftp server address is 192.168.2.200.

If my call manager is assigned public static IP then the phone is registering because as you know call manager and tftp server is on public IP.

In the above scenario i am using private IP which is 192.168.2.200. So the phone i sent to you (location 2)is not registering. My pix firewall is on public ip and my call manager is behind PIX.

Can you please advice what should i do?

Thanks

Well from the 10.1.1.1 network are you able to ping callmanager. If you can ping and there are no ports being blocked by a firewall then the phones should register. Both the networks that you specify are internal IP addreses 10.1.1.1 and your 192.168.0.0. If you can ping from a workstation from the 10.1.1.1 netowrk I would then try and put a static address into the phone to rule out DHCP issue.

Hope this helps.

How does your phone's at the remote location get there IP-addresses?
If you use DHCP, remember to add option 150 tftp in the dhcp options and enter the ip-address of the callmanager. This ip-address must be the address of the CCM itself or depending on the firewall/routing config, your external IP of that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back