Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Call Manager Add phone model 7945,7965 & 7975

Status
Not open for further replies.

betoraya2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2009
MX
hello,,,

i need urgent help , i have a call manager 5.1 but my company adquired ip phones from the models 7945,7965 and 7975 but my call manager doesnt have that model to add, what can i do... i try tu upgred the firmware en the OS Adminsitration >> software upgrades >> install/upgrade menu and i try to do it whit ftp but i obtain the follow error "*** The directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, a machine cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored.***"

I try it whit that files:cmterm-7975-sccp.8-5-2.cop.sgn
cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.8-5-2.cop.sgn
cmterm-7975-sccp.8-5-2SR1.cop.sgn

PlEASE HELP MEEEE I NEED TO ADD THAT PHONES TO TOMORROW :S

Try using the TFTP File Management and upload the files 1 at a time for each phone.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

on the OS Adminsitration >> software upgrades >> Upload tftp server file ??? or where is the tftp file management ??? and to which folder i need to upload y the option that says "Subdirectory of the tftp directory where file will be uploaded"

thanks for helping me

Guessing they renamed it from tftp server file to ftftp file management with the 5.x to the 6.x... but same concept.. think you just put it on the root.. could be wrong, but hey you can always google the configuration guide for your version...

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

now i did it !! I install the new firmwares but now when i want to add a new phone theres no type 7945,7965 or 7975 :(

helpme please¡¡¡

Your version must not support these phones. You will need to upgrade to a newer version, on possibly install a new device pack.
Most probable is the first.
Go to cco and see what version you need to upgrade to support the phones you are trying to install.
If you can't find it let me know and I will look it up for you. It might be a while before I can get to it however and it sounds like you are crunched for time.

but if my version doesnt support that phone types why exist firmwares for it??? i need to restart the publisher and subscriber to get the types on my CCM??? or help with other tip please¡¡¡

what's your exact version of call manager?
Post it here.

Cisco Unified CallManager Administration

System version: 5.1.1.3000-5
Administration version: 1.1.0.0-1

They are up to 5.1.3 now, which I would recommend you upgrading the CUCM. The latest should have the newest phone loads for you. I know that the 4.1 does support those phones, so long as you have the correct service pack

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

the phone load notes you are trying to load clearly states that you need to be at 5.1(3). Your version is too lod to support these phones. Upgrade to the latest 5.1(3) as there is no other option.

but why cisco do firmwares for CUCM 4.x,5.x of the telephone types... today after hours i will do the restart switching i think that that could works,,, :p if not we talks tomorrow LOL :D

I am not sure where you got the information that it is compatible with your version.
If you had read the release notes that came with the firmware it is very clear in there that you need to have 5.1(3) to work. Does not get any more clear than that.
I'd like to see the cisco doc that says that the version you are running is compatible with the phone load you are trying to install.
It will take you around 4-6 hrs to upgrade depending on the size of your database.
Reloading the servers will not get you anywhere but feel free to try it.

OKs Im with you :( , where can i find the upgrade that i need :(... please help

In that page of CISCO says what CUCM support the telephones.

"Q. What Cisco Unified Communications Manager release is required for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G and 7945G models?
A. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G and 7945G models require one of the following releases at a minimum: Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3)sr5b or 4.2(3)sr2b, or Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.3(1), 5.1(1)b, 5.1(2), or 6.0(1)."

please help me !!!

I see that, however the phone load you are trying to put in states 5.1(3) is required. You might have to find an older load.
If you can't find it as an option when you are trying to add it, you will need at least a Device pack install to be recognized. If it was me I would upgrade to 5.1(3) and call it a day. Upgrades can be found on cco where you got the phone loads. I assume you have a cco login since you got the phone loads already.

Or open a support request with TAC to tell you exactly what load or Device pack you need to install to recognize the phone types.

Plus, if you do not know how to go through the process of uploading the new software, you can get TAC to assist you in this as well.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back