Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Call Manager 4.2 2800 series switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chame1eon

Technical User
Jul 28, 2015
US
Hi.

We have several offices with mostly AT&T post lines. In some of them they are using Cisco 2800 series switches that were set up by a 3rd party at some point in the past.

AT&T will no longer forward lines if there is a problem with the power, phones system or wiring inside the office. They do have a free feature called "Alternate Answer" that will automatically forward lines to a predetermined number if it is not answered after a set number of rings.

In the offices with Avaya systems I found that I could set the service to forward after 1 ring and set a blank queuing message on the Avaya system so that the system effectively picks up the phone and the line never forwards unless the phone system is unavailable.

I was wondering if there was a simple way to do this for the Cisco systems or if I have to got through what appears to be a long process of configuring an attendant just for a blank message and ringing.

We are not configuring or maintaining anything that we don't need to in these old systems because we are slowly phasing them out.

Thanks for reading.

If you have uccx, you could write a basic script that will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back