Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco ATA 186 DND from handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

cflcrosland

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2012
Hi,

I have a member of staff that works from home quite a bit, we have EM on all office handsets so when he is logged out of the office phones his extension is configured to CFB to his mobile number which works quite well because all the people in the office have to do is dial the extension number no matter if he is in the office, on the road or working from home.

He has a soft phone on his laptop but it isn't the best thing and he would like to have a cordless phone when working at home. I have setup an old ATA 186 that was laying around with a cheep cordless handset and this works fine however with this setup if he is on the road it takes 15 seconds before the call goes to CFNA and hits his mobile, also other people in the house find it quite annoying that his work phone keeps ringing all the time when he isn't there.

Do you know if you can enable/disable DND from a phone connected to an ATA? e.g. by dialing a feature code or something?

Thanks,

Hi MODS Please delete this post. I have acidently posted in the wrong forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back